Recent pictures of Kate Middleton engaging in some fun outdoor activities during their Canadian tour has rekindled my love for the boat shoe (and the Royal Couple). Killer heels, sexy stilettos and sky-high platforms are nice and all but sometimes, all a girl wants is to look cute and be comfortable! Agree?
The boat shoe is the perfect summer shoe to do that and its rugged casual style provides the best balance to an overly frilly skirt, a too-short pair of shorts or a skintight dress. But with the new boat shoe styles that are coming out this season, boat shoes could now be the feminine touch you add to an outfit but thankfully, shoe brands still kept all their much sought-after comfort, cushion and support.
Give your high-heel-battered feet a break for an hour (or a day or a week) this warm-weather season and slip them into some boat shoes. Kate Middleton prefers Sebago Bala boat shoes ($79.95 at Amazon) and our list is actually dominated by Sperry Top-Sider, but who else can you expect the best boat shoes to come from right?
Here are our picks of the 10 best boat shoes to rock this summer:
- The Cool People Anchor-Z in pink matte metallic, $51.00 (was $75.00)
- Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish in dark brown suede/merlot plaid, $75.00
- Cole Haan Air Tali in officer blue/optic white/lantern, $99.00 (was $168.00)
- Sebago Spinnaker in pink/navy blue, $85.00
- Sperry Top-Sider A/O 2-Eye in natural embroidered raffia, $76.50 (was $85.00)
Feel free to snag a pair now!