Lock and turnlock details have been turning up on fall/winter shoes lately. Not so much that we can declare it a hot shoe trend but enough for them to be noticed.
But it might just be because designers haven’t gone all out on this trend yet; the fall/winter season is too cold for metal embellishments after all. Come spring/summer season, we just might be seeing more and more of these locks and turnlocks. Chances are good of that actually happening especially considering that the Givenchy turnlock-embellished sandals made the Top 10 Most Wanted Shoes of Spring 2012 list.
If lock and turnlock detailed shoes already hold the key to your heart, then check out our compilation of 10 lock detailed shoes. We love them as glinting accents on warm boots and booties for this winter. Give ’em a try too on loafers, pumps and flats once the warm weather rolls around.
Get your look on lock with these lock-detailed shoes:
Lock Detailed Flats and Pumps
- Cole Haan Air Tali lock moccasin, $67.00 to $134.99 (was $168.00)
- Tory Burch Howie runway logo pump, $251.00 (was $375.00)
- Pleaser Indulge-534 lock and key ankle strap pump, $50.60 to $92.33
- Jeffrey Campbell Lock ballet flat, $120.00
Lock Detailed Ankle Boots and Booties
- Mulberry Postman’s Lock ankle boot, $750.00
- BCBG Max Azria Sabina 1 bootie, $194.99
- Nine West Justice suede and leather turnlock ankle boot, $47.00 to $59.25 (was $119.00)
Lock Detailed Boots