Some people have books, other people have music, still others have Foxy Bingo while we here at YNS have shoes. Shoes are something we all collect, love and feel passionate about.
But how would you know if your simple shoe hobby has already crossed the line and turned into a full-blown obsession?
Gathered from the YNS Facebook fan page, taken from your comments and observed from you YNS readers’ very own reactions, here are 30 signs that you are obsessed with shoes.
And because there are just so many, we’ve also put together this list of 30 MORE signs that you are obsessed with shoes (part 2).
1. You are part of a shoe appreciate community such as, well, Your Next Shoes.
2. Your other words for shoes are “crack”, “drugs”, “true loves” or “stress relievers”.
3. Your boyfriend or husband complains about shoes filling up majority of your Facebook wall.
4. You have a “shoe” category in your budget. Not “clothing or clothing/shoes/accessories”. Just “shoes”.
5. You buy clothes based on the shoes that you already have.
6. You have owned or do own ALL the available colors of a certain shoe style.
7. You keep the box of every single pair you buy.
8. You remember every single one of your shoe purchases.
9. It pains you to have to throw or give away a pair from your shoe collection.
10. You know that how you organize your shoe closet is as important as the shoes themselves.
Mariah Carey’s famous gilded shoe
closet room floor
11. You have lined up or camped out for shoes or a shoe sale.
12. You have lost sleep and/or felt regret over not buying a pair of shoes when you had the chance.
13. You have lost sleep because you were up admiring a new shoe purchase all night.
14. Your remedy to a bad day or a foul mood is to go shoe shopping.
15. Shoe shopping is scheduled into your monthly, weekly or even daily routine.
16. You remember a person by the shoes he or she was wearing.
17. You mark important events in your life such as starting a new job, reaching your targeted weight or birthdays by buying a commemorative pair of shoes.
18. You have developed a way of walking that doesn’t crease a new pair of shoes.
19. You have shoes you haven’t worn in years not because you don’t like them but because they’re buried deep within your massive shoe collection.
20. Your shoes must be included in every picture taken of you. Better yet, there should be a solo close-up shot of your shoes.
Professionally photographing shoes
21. You gave your own dog the cold treatment after it chewed up a pair of your shoes.
22. You’ve tracked down and emailed a celebrity’s stylist just to find out the shoes that was spotted on that celebrity’s feet.
23. You’ve stopped a stranger on the street just to ask where she got the shoes she’s wearing.
24. You seriously considered a poker playing career after reading our article on Beth Shak.
25. You know Beth Shak as a Louboutin lover and not as a poker player.
26. You have some type of display case for your special pairs. If not, you think installing one is a good idea.
27. You have shoes as your wallpaper.
28. You have bought and kept beautiful shoes even if they don’t fit.
29. You have shoe-related dreams.
30. You believe that Cinderella’s stepsisters were not after Prince Charming – they were really after the glass slipper.
Think we missed a few more signs of a shoe obsession? Add them in the comments!
Credit: James Westman/Studio D, Sprinks Pets, 22 Michaels, Liao Yibai