Summer is here, and we’re looking forward to all the festivities that it brings with it! This Memorial Day weekend has me thinking that patriotic-inspired shoes will be a big hit as the season progresses and we plan on attending even more celebrations.
There’s something so classic yet slightly retro and fun about a pair of shoes that boast of stars and stripes as well as bold shades and patterns of red, white, and blue. You can add them to a simple pair of jean shorts and a white tank for an instant BBQ ensemble. They’d also be great with a little tank dress in navy, deep red, or crisp white. If you go for a more subdued solid style, you can add some patriotic charm with a printed head wrap or a flag-embellished T.
However you style your American-inspired shoes this summer, remember to keep it fun and casual. After all, it’s the season to let loose and relax a little! Check out these 10 great red, white, and blue shoe styles below. Then, tell us which pair you’d add to your collection this year!
1. Seychelles Lost Control Flag, $99.99
2. Taylor Says Melons in Navy, $129.99
3. Penny Sue Country in American Suede, $69.99
4. Paris Hilton Amina in Red, $89.99
6. Steve Madden Liberti, $60.99
7. Bonnie in Blue, $39.95 at ShoeDazzle
8. Babs, $27.06 at ShoeDazzle
9. Melodie, $44.95 at ShoeDazzle
10. Honorable, $25.17 at ShoeDazzle
So, footwear fans, what do you think? Would you make one (or more) of these patriotic-inspired styles your next shoes?