How many pairs of running shoes do you own? If you are anything like me, you probably don’t own one, or maybe it’s just your old pair of chucks just because you’re not that sporty and you’d rather spend your money on a new pair of Jeffrey Campbells. But there’s a new running shoes trend that will make you clamor to have a snazzy pair of trainers for your self even if you’re not big on sports. Yes, ladies, consider wearing running shoes not to break out a sweat but to glam up! Here’s how:
1. Assemble a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, a chunky sweater, and a collared shirt, and then punctuate the look with your running shoes.
Sandra from Sandrab
Rather than flats or oxford shoes, shake up your usual casual-preppy ensemble with colored running sneakers. Like fashion blogger Sandra, give the outfit a cool vibe with a crossbody bag (worn just above the hips, please) and a fedora hat.
2. Wear your tapered high-waisted trousers and oversized blazer with your comfortable running shoes.
Belle from Honey Belle World
Even an ensemble with a formal and work outfit vibe to it looks great when paired with running shoes! Belle did just that in this outfit. Opt for high-waisted trousers and an oversized blazer to get an effortlessly classy look.
3. Wear running shoes with your favorite sweater dress and a pair of skinny jeans.
Lucy from Lovely by Lucy
As if the chunky sweater dress isn’t enough, this outfit takes the comfort level further up with a pair of cushiony sneakers! Lucy opted for a pair of skinny jeans to balance out the silhouette and capped off her look with a slouchy beanie and a crossbody bag.
4. Mix your running shoes with interesting pieces. Wear your high-waisted printed trousers with a solid-colored turtleneck sweater, and then cover up more with a leather jacket draped over your shoulders.
Xenia from A Fashionation
When minimalist pieces clash with quirky ones, magic happens. We love Xenia’s outfit. This look is a mixture of edgy, sporty, and quirky. The pieces have absolutely nothing in common with each other, but the combination works interestingly!
5. Wear running shoes with a skirt.
Ebba from Ebba Zingmark
Yes, you read that right — a skirt! Your running shoes will work even when worn with feminine skirts. Just take it from Ebba. She wore a printed top over an organza skirt and then made the look cohesive by going for a bomber jacket.
Sneakers have also taken over a more couture form. Here are some running shoes to grab:
Ash Dean Wedge Sneakers, $225
Hogan Panel-Detailed Trainers, $344.50
Michael Kors “Alexandra” Trainers, $200.16