While the off-shoulder top isn’t at the pinnacle of many people’s favorite blouse list, having one or two can come handy when you want to steer away from your usual looks and bring something new to the table.
But lest you create a look that screams “ballroom dancer” instead of “stylish chic”, you definitely should check out the following styling tricks from some of the blogosphere’s sartorially-adept ladies:
1. Give more sophistication to your top by wearing it with box-pleated A-line skirts
Annabelle from Vivaluxury blog
The skirt gives this top a more modern and feminine panache. Take the sophistication up a notch by pairing it up with a chain-strapped bag and a pair of sandals.
2. Create a dramatic look by pairing a full midi skirt with a cropped off-shoulder top
Konstantina from Serial Klother blog
Full midi skirts pretty much work with anything but try a fitted cropped off-shoulder top. It adds more drama to your look.
3. Wear it with a pair of track shorts
Jess from Jess loves Fred blog
Balance out the silhouette of a volumized off-shoulder top with bell sleeves by teaming it up with a sportier bottom. A pair of track shorts should work nicely for spring and summer.
4. Turn your creativity up and wear it with suspender pencil skirts
Enocha from Locks and Trinkets blog
Rather than a plain shirt, team up a suspender pencil skirt with an off-shoulder top. Accessorize with a pair of sandals and some chunky jewelry.
5. Give your denim overalls a fresh look by wearing it with this top
Lidka from Lidka Flash Fashion blog
The girly appeal of the off-shoulder top contrasts with the denim overalls, creating an interesting look. You can cap off the look with a pair of sneakers or dress it up with a pair of solid-colored pumps for a sleeker effect.
Don’t have a cute shoulder-baring top to wear yet? Here are some wonderful finds:
1. Alexander McQueen Cutout Top, $1045.00
2. Blumarine Ruffled Blouse, $638.85
3. Opening Ceremony Delta Long Sleeve Bra Top, $265.00
4. re:named Floral off the Shoulder Crop Top, $48.00
5. ONE by Viva Aviva Rongo Ruffle Top, $150.00
6. For Love & Lemons La Flor Crop Top, $84.00
Try styling these up the way these bloggers did and you won’t have to worry about lacking in style this season and the next!