‘Tis the season for holiday travel! Packing clothes for vacation is always a painstaking task, and packing shoes is often the worst part. Shoes are bulky and smell bad, so they require a little bit more attention than the rest of your travel commodities. Fill your suitcase with a little more ease using one of these shoe bags for traveling.
The key to organizing kicks in your luggage is having the right set of shoe bags. There are three important qualities to look for in shoe travel bags: label, waterproof ability and compression. Labeled bags are important if you are packing multiple shoes. Waterproof fabric will protect your expensive shoes from moisture that can cause irreparable damage, and compression bags are essential when your are packing shoes in with your clothes. These help seal the unpleasant shoe smell so that the clothes inside your luggage will still be fresh and clean.
Here are 10 of the best shoe bags for traveling.
This award-winning packing system lets you compress more clothes and shoes into a carry-on or check-in bag. To keep your belongings organized and tidy while you’re traveling, each bag is water-resistant and wipes clean.
2. Flight 001 “Avionette” Rolling Carry-On Suitcase, $195 at Nordstrom
In addition to containing two shoe bags, this retro-modern carry-on suitcase also features an add-a-bag strap that lets you easily attach any handbag, tote, or duffel.
This clever set of two drawstring bags protects shoes packed in a travel bag or purse.
4. Bag-All Cowboy Boot Organizing Bag, $13 at Shopbop
5. Bag-all Shoe Organizing Bag Set, $52 at Shopbop
6. Baggu 3D Zip Large 3 Pack Bags, $34 (before: $36) at Amazon
7. Riipoo Travel Shoe Organizer Bag, $12.99 at Amazon
8. Eagle Creek Pack-it Specter Shoe Sac, $30.95 at Amazon
9. Adidas Stadium Team Shoe Bag, $19,99 (before: $25) at Amazon
10. BUBM Shoe Bag Travel Organizer, $14.99 (before: $28.99) at Amazon