How to Wear Head-to-Toe Black in Summer Like Angelina Jolie

We can empathize with Angelina Jolie and her so-called rival, Jennifer Aniston. We here at Your Next Shoes love wearing black just as much as the next girl. It’s a slimming, classic, and highly versatile color.

But like all chromophobes, once the season warms up and bright colors take the spotlight, there’s that little part of us that goes through a short state of panic mostly because our closets are 80% black (with the remaining 20% in whites and neutrals).

Seriously, how do you wear head-to-toe black in summer?

Well, here’s Angelina’s answer to that question — by selecting easy-breezy laid-back pieces, such as a black tank dress and a pair of flat black sandals. She was spotted sporting this outfit when she arrived with her family in Tokyo over the weekend.

Her black frock features spaghetti straps and a gathered waist to accentuate the wearer’s curves. It also looks very comfortable to wear; you know, the kind you can literally sleep in. Her shoes are simple in silhouette — a pair of t-straps with gold buckles, nothing fancy. Capping off her attire were tortoise-rimmed sunnies and a huge smile that only made her all the more fascinating to watch.

Capping off her attire were tortoise-rimmed sunnies and a huge smile that only made her all the more fascinating to watch

Angelina Jolie (with four of her children) arriving in Tokyo, Japan, on June 21, 2014Angelina Jolie (with four of her children) arriving in Tokyo, Japan, on June 21, 2014

A closer look at Angelina's flat t-strap sandalsA closer look at Angelina’s flat t-strap sandals

How do you like Angelina’s latest airport style?

She didn’t wear her usual black trousers, black leather pants, or black pencil skirt this time. In fact, the ensemble was very casual and summer-appropriate. Do you agree?

To copy the look, simply grab an easy-breezy dress and flat t-strap sandals, both in black. Go with a frock that isn’t too tight or formal — the kind that will make you breathe and move around freely, such as the following articles from Greylin and Tildon:

Greylin Lucy Dress / Tildon Racerback DressGreylin Lucy Dress, $128 / Tildon Racerback Dress, $48

To complete your all-black summer attire, cap off your choice of dress with this pair from KG Kurt Geiger. These shoes feature an elegant t-strap design and are crafted from patent faux leather. They also retail at only $75, so spending on them won’t hurt.

KG Kurt Geiger Match SandalsKG Kurt Geiger Match Sandals, $75

Angelina’s t-strap sandals are from Saint Laurent. They’re made of rich genuine leather and feature thick gold buckles stamped with the label’s name. You won’t find these sandals online anymore. However, another variant in metallic colors can be purchased at SSENSE.

Saint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap Sandals

Saint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap Sandals

Saint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap Sandals

Saint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap Sandals

Saint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap SandalsSaint Laurent Black Leather Nu Pieds T-Strap Sandals, $795

Saint Laurent Metallic Leather T-Strap SandalsSaint Laurent Metallic Leather T-Strap Sandals, $695

Credit: Kento Nara / Future Image / WENN
Join Over 2 Million Shoe Fans
© Copyright Your Next Shoes 2010 - 2017 | Back to Top