It’s pretty much been established that Olivia Palermo and Jena Malone are women with keen eyes for style. Olivia is a fashion week front row staple and Jena has been wowing us with her red carpet looks ever since she was cast for a role in the hit movie franchise, ‘The Hunger Games’. Their paths in the sartorial world crossed when they both wore the same striking Emilia Wickstead Spring 2015 Yellow Duchess Francis Long Skirt.
Surprisingly though, the winner outdressed the other by a mile!
1. Olivia Palermo wore the wrap-style, floor-length skirt with a black top, a pair of lace pumps and a printed clutch.
Olivia Palermo at The British Fashion Awards 2014 held at London Coliseum in London on December 1, 2014
The 28-year-old socialite and blogger accessorized with her Monica Vinader Riva Diamond Cluster Cuff and Monica Vinader Baja Long Ring. To match the black elements of her outfit, the fashion maven opted for smokey eye makeup.
2. Jena Malone matched her skirt with an Emilia Wickstead ivory body suit that she altered so that the straps fell off her shoulders.
Jena Malone attends the World Premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1’ at Odeon Leicester Square on November 10, 2014 in London, England
The 30-year-old added a red brooch and accessorized with ivory platform pumps and understated rings. Her hairstyle is so simple – pulled in a sleek low ponytail with nary a strand out of place.
The ‘Mockingjay’ actress obviously won this round. Olivia’s top looked ill-fitting for some reason and it made her upper body look bulky. Jena’s take was fresher and quirkier and gave the skirt a more summery appeal.
But what about you? Which styling did you prefer more?
Just in case you are into dramatic maxi skirts just like these two celebrities, here are some pieces you might want to get:
1. sass & bide It’s a Jungle Out There Shorts, $252.00 at Shopbop
2. CoSTUME NATIONAL Long Skirt, $810.00 at Shopbop
3. alice + olivia Abby Slit Maxi Skirt, $264.00 at Shopbop
4. Carven Printed Wool Leopard Zip Skirt, $456.00 at Shopbop
Credit: WENN/Lia Toby/ Mario Mitsis