As news of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s divorce hit the internet, we decided to cope with the best thing we could think of: shoes.
Now that Brangelina is no more, allow us to take out our shoebox of memories and look back at the ex-Hollywood golden couple’s top fashion moments, many of which were also their sweetest red carpet moments.
Do you think we’ll ever see celebrity couple perfection like them again in our lifetime? Let the grieving process begin.
1. Starting it all off in red Hunter rain boots in “Mr. and Mrs. Smith”
Angie and Brad first met on the set of their 2005 film, “Mr. and Mrs. Smith.” In one of the movie’s most famous scenes, Angie, dressed only in a white men’s shirt and red Hunter rain boots, stands next to similarly underwear-clad Brad amidst the burning rubble of what was their home. This scene is basically how we feel about their divorce right now.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt together in their 2005 movie, “Mr & Mrs. Smith”
2. Baring major cleavage in a low-cut LBD and black peep-toe pumps
Angie no doubt had Brad’s attention the whole night.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the premiere of “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford” at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on September 18, 2007
3. Sexy in leather pants and black Christian Louboutin patent peep-toe platform pumps
Even with the gum stuck on the heel of her Louboutins and the tiny split on the back of her leather pants, Angie still oozed sexiness.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at the UK premiere of “Beowulf” held at the Vue Leicester Square in London, England, on November 11, 2007
4. Pregnant with twins in a green Max Azria Atelier gown and dark metallic peep-toe pumps
Angie was Brad’s pregnant Grecian goddess.
Angelina Jolie, pregnant with her twins, standing close to Brad Pitt at the “Kung Fu Panda” premiere held during day 2 of the 2008 Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France, on May 15, 2008
5. Glowing in a blue-gray Max Azria one-sleeved gown and Stuart Weitzman pearl-satin pumps
Brad must’ve whispered something in Angie’s ear that made her laugh.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the 14th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards held at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, on January 8, 2009
6. Very much in love in a blush Versace chiffon gown and matching Salvatore Ferragamo satin peep-toe pumps
Getting close for the cameras at Cannes.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the premiere of “Inglorious Basterds” held during day 8 of the 2009 Cannes International Film Festival in Cannes, France, on May 20, 2009
7. Handsy in a vampy black leather mini dress and Dior strappy gladiator sandals
They were basically attached at the hip and just couldn’t keep their hands off of each other.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the premiere of “Inglourious Basterds” held at The Grauman Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, on August 10, 2009
8. Party mode in a black Emporio Armani fall 2010 sequined strapless mini dress and nude Salvatore Ferragamo metal-heel peep-toes
Angie prefers a more mature style now, but there were a few instances when she pulled out the fun party dresses from the back of her closet.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie attending the L.A. movie premiere of “Salt” at the Grauman Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California, on July 19, 2010
9. Radiant in a white Atelier Versace long-sleeved angora gown and white Salvatore Ferragamo pumps
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the world premiere of “The Tourist” held at Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on December 6, 2010
10. Alluring in a black Versace velvet dress with built-in gloves and black Salvatore Ferragamo pumps
Angie was perfection in all the luxurious fabrics she wore during this winter promo tour.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at “The Tourist” premiere at the Cinestar Sony Center in Berlin, Germany, on December 14, 2010
11. Regal in a chocolate Atelier Versace strapless silk gown and matching Salvatore Ferragamo satin peep-toes
Brangelina slayed pretty much every Cannes Film Festival they attended.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at “The Tree of Life” premiere held during day 6 of the 2011 Cannes International Film Festival in Cannes, France, on May 16, 2011
12. Kinky in a black Vivienne Westwood “Savannah” satin gown and black Stuart Weitzman pumps
There is always a detectable twinkle in Angie’s eyes whenever she is styled in something goth or bondage-inspired, like the gold Louis Vuitton Lockit PM Devotion clutch cuffed and chained to her wrist.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the “Moneyball” premiere at the 36th Annual Toronto International Film Festival held at the The Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, Canada, on September 9, 2011
13. Going viral in a leg-baring black Atelier Versace velvet gown and black Salvatore Ferragamo velvet pumps
Angie’s right leg went viral, inspired a lot of memes, and had a Twitter account of its own.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at the 84th Annual Academy Awards (Oscars) held at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California, on February 26, 2012
14. Coupling up in a black Saint Laurent gathered gown and black Saint Laurent “Janis” platform pumps
This was just after Angie’s double mastectomy, and Brad offered up a lot of love and support.
Brad Pitt giving Angelina Jolie a kiss at the premiere of “World War Z” at Empire Leicester Square in London, England, on June 2, 2013
15. Sharing a laugh in a white Ralph & Russo sculpted-peplum strapless dress and white Saint Laurent “Escarpin” pumps
It was refreshing to see Angie in a more experimental style in this white Ralph & Russo dress. We wonder what she and Brad were laughing about?
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt laughing it up at the “World War Z” premiere at Cinestar movie theatre at Potsdamer Platz Square in Berlin, Germany, on June 4, 2013
16. Putting on the moves in head-to-toe Saint Laurent including the iconic smoking jacket, satin stripe tuxedo pants and “Paris” pumps
Angie was really feeling her Saint Laurent suit and even looked like she was aggressively hitting on Brad at one point in the evening.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the 2014 EE British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) held at the Royal Opera House in London, England, on February 16, 2014
17. Getting support from her man in an black Atelier Versace spring 2014 draped long-sleeved gown and black Christian Louboutin “Fifi” strass pumps
The Christian Louboutin “Fifi” strass pumps might’ve been the most exciting shoes we’ve seen Angie wear.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at the “Maleficent” private reception event held at Kensington Palace in London, England, on May 8, 2014
18. In her element in a black Versace leather gown and Saint Laurent “Janis” Mary-Jane pumps
From the leather gown to the spiked cuffs to the group of kids dressed as her Maleficent character, Angie was really in her element at this premiere.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the premiere of Disney’s “Maleficent” held at El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles, California, on May 28, 2014
19. In-sync with Brad in a black Saint Laurent suit and Jimmy Choo “Lilac” pumps
Brad and Angie held on to each other even as they campaigned to lessen the suffering in the world.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie holding on to each other at the End Sexual Violence Conference held at Excel in London, England, on June 12, 2014
20. Making googly eyes in a black Tom Ford fall 2015 velvet-bow column gown and Tom Ford ankle-wrap pumps
Quick glances like this revealed the love and admiration between the two as they remained composed and elegant for the cameras.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at the WSJ. Magazine 2015 Innovator Awards at MoMA in New York City on November 4, 2015
21. Stepping on the red carpet as a couple for the last time in a white custom Atelier Versace beaded strapless gown and champagne Salvatore Ferragamo satin peep-toes
And this was their last red carpet appearance together as Mr. and Mrs. Jolie-Pitt.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in their last red carpet appearance together at the world premiere gala screening of “By the Sea” at TCL Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, California, on November 5, 2015
Credit: Adriana M. Bar / Apega / Brian To / C.Smith / Daniel Deme / Dimitri Halkidis / FayesVision / Future Image /Joe Alvarez / SMPSP / Stephen Vaughn / Tom Jaeger / Zibi / WENN