You don’t need to wear a poofy ball gown to steal Cinderella’s style. It turns out that her famous glass shoes work for so much more than late-night dances. Hollywood stars have been proving it for years now.
Clear heels are versatile and aren’t just for late-night dances (Credit: Cglandmark / Shutterstock)
Clear heels are the shoes that keep on giving, whether used to elevate casual outfits or complement special-occasion looks.
Real-life versions are often made of transparent materials such as Perspex or Lucite and have the ability to enhance any outfit.
Despite their fairytale origins, they create a cool and contemporary feel that fashion lovers can’t get enough of.
Clear heels elevate any look as they create a cool and contemporary feel
Not sure if the trend is right for you? Let us convince you below with our clear heel styling tips.
Why the Fashion World Loves Clear Heels
The clear heel trend has taken the fashion world by storm in recent years.
Rihanna, Chrissy Teigen, Alessandra Ambrosio, Priyanka Chopra, and Gigi Hadid show how to wear clear heels (Credit: Julien Reynaud / Abaca / Roger Wong / BauerGriffin / Kristin Callahan / ACE Pictures / Palace Lee / INSTARimages / Cover Images)
Aside from looking cool and modern, clear heels are undeniably versatile.
Their lack of color and details means that they match everything – your skin tone, the color of your clothes, and the style of your clothes … you never have to worry about unsightly clashes when wearing clear heels!
The barely-there style is understated yet eye-catching. They accentuate your clothes while creating an ethereal floating effect on your feet.
The 8 Best Outfits to Wear With Clear Heels
Clear heels can be worn with just about anything, but a few celebrity-approved ensembles really let them shine.
If you’re not sure how to style your clear heels, look to Hollywood for inspiration.
1. With denim and a t-shirt
You can always count on the classic combination of jeans and a t-shirt when in doubt. Clear heels instantly elevate this casual fit for brunches or low-key happy hour dates.
1. BlankNYC Faux Leather Moto Jacket – $98; 2. Mother The Rowdy Tee – $120; 3. SLVRLAKE Virginia Distressed Slim-Leg Jeans – $359; 4. Schutz Ariella Mules – $118; 5. Hanro Touch Feeling Tank Top – $72; 6. AGOLDE Stella High-Rise Shorts – $148; 7. Gianvito Rossi Metropolis Clear-Strap Sandal – $775
You can dress the look up with a blazer, leather jacket, and chic clutch. If it’s too warm for full-length denim or sleeves, you can recreate the look with a tank top and denim shorts.
2. With leather pants
Complete the look with a top of your choice, whether it’s a sensual cropped corset or a rocker-chic graphic tee.
1. Zadig & Voltaire x Band of Sisters Print T-Shirt – $131; 2. Schutz Cendi Pumps – $118; 3. Good American Better Than Faux Leather Leggings – $120; 4. Staud Peony Top – $265; 5. Steve Madden Isa Wedge Sandals – $109.95; 6. SPANX Flared Leather Trousers – $164
3. With a party dress
Clear shoes make excellent party shoes – this has been proven time and time again on red carpets and at star-studded events.
Try them on your next night out with your favorite going-out dress, be it a timeless LBD or a playful beaded, sequined, or fringed number.
1. Sam Edelman Feather Trim Sheath Dress – $158; 2. Yeezy Transparent Sandals – $840; 3. Jonathan Simkhai Conrad Hammered Sequins Blazer Mini Dress – $595; 4. Aminah Abdul-Jillil Crystal Clear Tuxedo Heels – $667; 5. Norma Kamali Strapless Dress – $125; 6. Gianvito Rossi Nerea Leather and PVC Thong Sandals – $795
4. With a suit
Take the boss look to a new level by pairing a suit with clear heels. They’ll put a cool twist on classic office apparel, creating a look that will turn heads in the boardroom or the bar.
1. Tagliatore Jasmine Boucle-Breasted Suit – $692; 2. Gianvito Rossi Plexi Suede Pumps – $815; 3. Calvin Klein One-Button Lux Blazer – $89.99; 4. Calvin Klein Straight Fit Suit Skirt – $64.99; 5. Nine West Polka Slingback Sandal – $95
5. With a white shirt
If you’re not feeling a full suit, you can still create a sophisticated look with a crisp white button-down shirt and clear heels.
Either opt for a shirtdress, which you can cinch with a corset belt, or a regular shirt tucked into a skirt or pants.
1. Ports 1961 Belted Shirt Dress – $770; 2. Raina Leather Corset Belt – $250; 3. Schutz Josseana Sandals – $118; 4. Alex Mill Bobby Shirt – $110; 5. Norma Kamali Stretch Pencil Pants – $99; 6. BCBGeneration Hillax Pump – $109
6. With neon and/or printed pieces
Looking for shoes that won’t overpower a bold neon or printed piece? Clear styles are your best bet! They’ll let the color or print take center stage without creating any clashes or distractions.
1. Levi’s Ex-Boyfriend Trucker Jacket – $98; 2. Jacquemus Le Haut Limao Crop Top – $520; 3. Schutz Ariella Strappy Sandal – $118; 4. Still Here Tate Straight-Leg Jeans – $195; 5. Costarellos Justina Leopard-Print Blouse – $590; 6. CeCe Pull-On Pants – $89; 7. Alexandre Vauthier Transparent Peep-Toe Sandal – $700
7. With a bodycon midi dress
Everyone’s favorite transitional dress looks amazing when paired with clear heels. After all, they have a lot in common – they’re super versatile and undeniably flattering!
Wear the look during the day on its own or with a denim jacket, or create a minimalist going-out look with a leather jacket or blazer.
1. Free People Ollie Femme Trucker – $98; 2. Ksubi Arise Tank Dress – $140; 3. Tkees PVC Gemma Sandal – $95; 4. Significant Other Venetia Knit Open-Back Midi Dress – $238; 5. STAUD Brushes Vegan Leather Jacket – $298; 6. Gianvito Rossi Transparent Flat Sandal – $640
8. With elevated athleisure
Nothing says high-low style like mixing clear heels with sporty favorites like hoodies and bike shorts.
You can add other dressy elements, such as a trench coat or a blazer, to create balance with this look.
1. Golden Goose Logo-Patch Cropped Hoodie – $445; 2. Levi’s Premium WFH Sweatpants – $64.50; 3. Larroude Gloria Sandal – $285; 4. Frankie Shop Bea Single-Breasted Boxy Blazer – $381; 5. Rag & Bone Lily Stretch Racerback Crop Top – $95; 6. Electric Yoga Python Biker Shorts – $68; 7. Schutz Victorie High Block Sandal – $118