Foot and leg tattoos seem to be trending among celebrities, though not many go as far (or low) as Miley Cyrus:
The 20-year-old tattooed “Rolling $tone” on her feet to commemorate her first-ever Rolling Stone cover in September. Due to celebrities getting foot tattoos and showing them off, their fans end up getting them as well.
Since feet have less padding provided by muscle, thereby bringing the bones and tendons closer to the surface, getting a foot tattoo is generally more painful than a regular tattoo. The healing process also takes time, not to forget the increased risk of infections in the future as a tattoo essentially is a scrape. You can read more about the possible implications in the excellent foot tattoo guide at Whole Addiction.
Have a look at the following celebrities sporting foot and/or leg tattoos and let us know what you think about this trend:
1. Mel C in Body-Con Dress, Leather Jacket and Pointy Black Shoes
Mel C and Matt Cardle arrive in Warsaw for the TV show ‘Good Morning TVN’ in Warsaw on October 26, 2013
Join Millions of Satisfied Members at JustFab – See the New February Styles!
2. Kelly Rowland in Jean Fares Couture and Christian Louboutin
The American singer, songwriter, actress and television personality has a foot tattoo that reads “God’s Gift”.
Kelly Rowland at the 5th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon held at Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills on February 23, 2013
3. Dania Ramirez in Flowing Red Frock by Michael Costello
Dania Ramirez at the Alma Awards in Los Angeles on September 27, 2013
4. Tamara Ecclestone in Pink Skater Dress and Foot Tattoo That Says ‘The Best is yet to Come’
Tamara Ecclestone leaves Mari Vanna Restaurant with a male companion in Knightsbridge on May 2, 2013
5. Rihanna in Antonio Berardi
Rihanna promotes her new fragrance Reb’l Fleur at the ‘House of Fraser’ store in central London on August 19, 2011
6. Zoe Saldana in Lanvin and Alexander McQueen
Zoe Saldana at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards held at Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City on August 7, 2011
Don’t Miss the New February Shoes at ShoeDazzle
7. Charlize Theron in Lanvin Dress and Dior Heels
Director Guillermo Arriaga and Charlize Theron at the premiere of the movie ‘The Burning Plain’ held at the Cinema Publicus in Paris on March 2, 2009
8. Megan Fox in Roland Mouret Dress, Christian Louboutin Heels, and a Bottega Veneta Clutch
Megan Fox at “This Is 40” – Los Angeles Premiere – Arrivals at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on December 12, 2012
9. Paz De La Huerta in Versace Dress
Paz De La Huerta at the 2011 FiFi Awards at The Tent at Lincoln Center in New York City on May 25, 2011
10. Demi Lovato in Helmut Lang Leather Blazer, Theory Belisa Danish leather pants, and Christian Louboutin Highness Heels
Demi Lovato at the Red Light Traffic App launch event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 18, 2013
After seeing these celebrities with foot and leg tattoos, would you consider getting one of your own?
Credit: Newspix.pl/WENN/Adriana M. Barraza/Apega/Craig Harris/Daniel Deme/FayesVision/A. Miller/SIPA