The popularity of wedge sneakers may be on the decline, but the sporty trend is still very much on the up and up. We’re seeing a return of flat fashion sneakers, and bona fide kicks, the kind you can actually hit the gym in, are being snatched up by fashion bloggers everywhere.
It seems no one wants to be benchwarmers when it comes to this trend as even high-heeled styles are getting in on the act, too. And, no, we’re not talking about those weird-looking sneakers with heels of yore; we’re talking about sexy stilts featuring subtle but undeniable sneaker inspiration.
Below are 10 of the sweetest sneaker-inspired sandals sporting padded cuffs, mesh panels, velcro straps, and other details typically seen on athletic footwear. Will you be lacing up and hitting the ground running in this trend?
1. MIA Limited Edition “Rocco” Sandals, $229
2. DKNY “Pulse” High-Top Platform Booties, $383.22
3. Pour La Victoire “Selena” Sandals, $255 (before: $340)
4. Jennifer Chou “Carmelo” Platform Sandals, $134.95
The Jennifer Chou “Carmelo” sandals
5. Derek Lam “Beau” Heeled Sandals, $537 (before: $895)
6. Trouvé “Joslin” Sandals, $119.95
7. L.A.M.B. “Carter” Sandals, $260 (before: $325)
8. Topshop “Nia” Colorblock Sandals, $120
9. Circus by Sam Edelman “Roma” Sandals, $99.99
10. B Brian Atwood Sporty Lace-Up Leather Sandals, $331 (before: $495)